My assumptions: You have prior experience of Web framework like
Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix, etc.
Please refer to this React.js style guide for community comprehensible source code.
Hey, its not mandatory to use NPM to build applications with ReactJs; but, it will be alot easier to build, maintain, share codes using NPM. Firstly you should have NodeJs installed in your development machine.
Installation for Development Environment
$ sudo apt-get install nodejs
$ node -v
# if its says
command not found: node then try
# If it shows up, it means due no some name conflicts
# the name/command node is already taken by some binary.
# So, its get it back.
$ sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/node node /usr/bin/nodejs 10
Probable Issues: NPM not found
One has to be very careful for shipping new changes/features to the production server.
When feature is said to be done
Assumption: Proper development processes have been followed
Export database when you have optimum data in database to use all the features
- In my project I have different users with different roles; like recruiters, managers, supervisor, customer super admin and above all the ‘Super Admin’
- They work on entities like ‘jobs’, ‘Applicants’, ‘Leads’, ‘Organization/user/locations/performances’ (only admins)
- The flow is like,
- Super Admin creates Organization and CSA
- CSA creates
- Users with different roles and assigns Location
- namely(Manager) then
- creates Jobs for that particular locations; jobs belong to locations
- shares/posts jobs to media
- Applicants apply to those jobs and Applicants are created in the system
- Then Recruiters can process the Applicants
There is dependency; you cannot create applicant without fulfilling the prior requirements as described in the tree above.
So, when you have a level of data fulfilling the requirements like tree above (in your context its different) you export the database and save it safe so that whenever you system corrupts or you need to reset the database to test some feature you can restore the database to get back to work.
Create appropriate rake tasks
You can leverage full features of Rake to make your tasks easy. For example:
I have created well documented rake tasks to do some of the tasks like
- Create Organization (Independent task)
- Create Applicant (depends on Job)
- Create Job(depends on location, User)
- Run sidekiq in QA server (EC2 instance) from development environment
- Seeding specific set of data
Note: Dependencies need to be supplied by user via CLI
$ rake applicant:create job_id=5