Sometimes you might be wondering why your emails are not delivered and even in the SendGrid Dashboard you see no increment in `requests` count. I have mentioned a few reason why your SMTP API call responds `success` but no email delivers.
- May be your account is still not provisioned
- May be the template you are trying to use is not in active state or you might have two versions of a template and you recently delete the active one and did not changed the state of other.
- Or you might be trying to add the template using following way
mail = SendGrid::Mail.new do |m| m.template = SendGrid::Template.new('MY_TEMPLATE_ID') m.to = 'firstname.lastname@example.org' m.from = 'email@example.com' src="cid:beach"></div>' end
- Instead you should have done
template = SendGrid::Template.new('MY_TEMPLATE_ID') mail.template = template
- Or your account might be blacklisted by SendGrid / Email Service providers
- What do I do if I’m blacklisted?